Monday, June 28, 2010

Scouting Partners

On Saturday we finally got out for a scouting trip, and had the best possible helpers I could find!




If you look close above Braxton's head in the background you can see the heard of elk we were looking at. There was a total of 26 elk there. Only 3 of them were cows the rest were bulls!! Two of them were pretty good sized ones. Most of the bulls were still only grown out to there thirds, but the two big ones were just starting to be six points.



I left my good camera sitting in my truck at the cabin, I tried to take some pics with my cell phone through the spotting scope, but as you can see they didn't work out very well.



The boys were pretty wore out from the night before. It was the Relay for Life. I think they stayed up until after midnight, so they were pretty wore out. They fell asleep on the ride out there, but they livened up pretty quick when the elk started coming out!





We had to leave that same night, because I had to make it home for church responsibilities. Parker was very upset. He wanted to stay up late again. He was having a lot of fun playing cards with the grandma's!!






It was fun to get up and see some elk. Hopefully there will be a few more trips before we start getting really serious!!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you're doing this blog. I didn't know you were taking pictures of us playing cards. Fun times for sure!

    ReplyDelete