Saturday, June 12, 2010

1st scouting trip.

I guess you can't really call it a scouting trip since I didn't really go scouting, but it was the first trip to the cabin since drawing the tag. I took the whole family up on Friday night to go spend our first night in the new cabin. It was awesome!



I am so grateful that my parents built this amazing cabin. It will be so much fun for so many years to come, and what a perfect year to get it done. With a big bull tag in hand!! The boys had so much fun they didn't want to leave.

The weather didn't cooperate to much to get any scouting done. We went to Bowery for dinner on Friday night, then went for a little ride to see if we could see any elk, but it was raining pretty hard.

On Saturday we woke up to snow!! It wasn't sticking on the ground at the cabin, but still fun to see snow so late in the year.



I hated to leave the cabin on Saturday afternoon, but had some really important business to take care of!




JaLee and I drove to Spanish Fork to pick up a new gun for the hunt. It is a Savage 300 win. mag!! I can't wait to get out and shoot it! It felt a little weird doing business for a gun in a gas station parking lot! We got a few confused looks from people.

I hope to make another trip up in the next couple weeks to see if we can find some bulls. Hopefully the next post will have some elk in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment