Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Its here!

Well the time has finally arrived! I am working until 1:00 tomorrow, then heading up and not coming back until the hunt is over or a bull is dead.

For the next week and a half I will be hunting hard and hopefully shooting straight.

If all goes well this will end sometime soon and life can get back to normal....I think.

I have a lot of emotions going through my head right now. I am so excited, but nervous at the same time. I cant think about anything else. I cant focus at work, and I think my wife thinks I have lost my mind. Its all I ever talk about.

There is a lot of pressure that goes along with drawing one of these tags. All those years of putting in, and all those people that will be there helping me. I don't want to let them or myself down.

There has been talk of a lot of elk being seen this week, and they are starting to rut pretty hard. I should have a lot of help with family and friends looking in different locations. So there should be plenty of options for places to go.

Just stay calm, and be patient. That's what I need to keep telling myself.

I guess all I can hope for is to have fun. We will make memories that will last a lifetime.

This will be my last post before heading up, and hopefully my next one will have pictures of my bull! I was going to try and do posts while up hunting, but the wireless Internet cards wont work at the cabin.

So until next time say a little prayer for me and cross those fingers!!!!

HERE WE GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment