Sunday, September 12, 2010

1 week to go!

Holy crap its getting close, I am starting to get nervous!

I went out on Saturday morning, and got into some elk! Had bulls bugling all around me. It was great. Again, I didn't see any of them. They wouldn't come out of the thick stuff, and I wasn't going to push them out. It is definitely a place I will be going back to. Lots of elk!!


This is where the walking trail starts. Very pretty area.


I found this good wallow that the elk have been using. Another place to keep an eye on.


Oh welcome back fall, how I have missed you so!! See the small patch of yellow leaves on the quakie tree. It sure felt like fall. 23 degrees when I unloaded the 4-wheeler!



Finally got out and shot my backup gun yesterday. My Browning 270. I am going to take it to just in case.
This is how it shot @ 100 yards.

This is @ 300 yards. The bottom one is before I moved it up. Then shot the next 2. I guess that will kill an elk!!
Tonight Lane and I went out and shot the 300 mag for the last time. He reloaded a bunch more bullets, and we thought we better try it one more time.
WOW, that gun is amazing!!
We ranged a rock that was 713 yards away. I turned the turret to 710, and blew the rock to pieces! I guess I cant blame a miss on the gun!
I have 51 bullets left. Hopefully I come home with 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment