Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wet weekend!

Well, I made it up this weekend for my first real serious scouting trip. Overall it was a success, but I ended up getting pretty wet and cold on Saturday morning. I only saw two bulls. One big 5x6 and a small rag horn 4 point. I did get a couple good long hikes in, and saw some beautiful country. Everything is so green up there right now. It doesn't feel like August.

Here are a few pictures of how pretty is was. We have had a pretty wet summer so far.










This one is looking down into what us Rappleye's like to call EVERYWHERE'S. Dad and Jason you know what I mean!!!




This picture is my favorite. Just before I took this picture I saw 3 great big bucks running away from me. It is exciting to see deer that size on Fishlake. I didn't think there were deer that big left.






This picture is me hiding under a forest service kiosk waiting out the storm. I was approximately 2 miles from the 4 wheeler when this fast moving summer thunderstorm moved in. It actually got a little scary. There was lighting flashing all around me! 11,700' above sea level, and out in the open is not a good place to be in a storm like that.


I got pretty wet and cold, but it was worth it. I was grateful for a warm shower at the cabin when I got back!!
Can't wait for the next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment